Sunday, June 28, 2009

Potty training


About a year ago, I started trying to potty train Conner. He was very quite stubborn to say the least, I tried and tried but he just didnt want any part of it. I left him alone for awhile and then started to show him some potty train viedo's on You Tube. He thought it was exciting to see movies on You tube. I rented movies from the library as well, I even bought him a lift and flap book at Christmas called. Everybody Poops. He thought it was a fun book but still didnt care about going in the potty. I bought him a potty chair that makes noise but he loved using it as a step stool to wash his hands and play in the sink. I also got him all kinds of cool pixar underwear but he refused to wear that. Almost 2 weeks ago, I had to take all the kids to the store to get diapers, I never run out... usually get to 10 and then realize, I need more...... not sure where mybrain was but we only had one for that day. We got to the store and I showed Conner the diaper box and said.. "Look at that baby wearing that diaper" Conner said, That's a baby ? I said yes, you don't need these because you are a big boy!. We got home and right after we got home, he says.. " I wear big boy underwear today! He went all day that day and it's amazing because he does not have many accidents and he even tells me when he has to go., He has even pooped in the potty last week so it's going great. Only use pull ups now for bed time and nap.. I love not having to buy diapers.. It's so exciting lol.. Plus he was at a size 6..It's time for him to be a big boy! He even tells me. Mommy I go potty like Molan( Nolan) a little boy I watch.... Nolan stands up.. Conner most of the time sits down but hey, He is potty trained and that is what matters!!

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

So cool! He is growing up! I want to see pictures of Yvonne's B-day party since I wasn't able to go.
Hope all is well with the house now.

Cherrie said...

oh by the way I love the star background!