Monday, June 8, 2009

Rest in Peace Mousie


Mother's day was a bit hard around our house. Taylor got a hamster at the beginning of Second grade in 2007. Mousie was a wonderful hamster besides the night time noise, he kept his cage clean, He loved Carrots and sunflower seeds. He was loving and let you hold him, He would nibble on your shirt from time to time and he would even let you hold him while he cleaned his face. He was so loving. I know the life expecentancy of hamsters is not all that great, so I knew the time was coming when he would pass, after January I realized this would be the 2 year mark, I just did not realize when it was going to happen. We had just finished cleaning Taylor's room because we had family coming over when I told her that we should vaccum and then I told her maybe we should feed mousie first. We usually check on him daily and most of the time his food is still good for a couple of days but we didnt for a day because we were busy with her school project, We went to look in the cage and he was laying their all stiff, I knew for sure he had passed, so I called Jason, Taylor had a very tough time withthis because it was her first pet death. She cried on and off most of the day, I felt so bad for her.At the end of the day we had a funeral for Mousie and he is buried on the side of the house. She put a carnation on top of the jewerly box. She did talk me into getting a new one, and we did get a new one and we call him dash but he is not like mousie, he is scared of us and fast and runs away.. Hopefully he will come around but there is no hamster like Mousie. I Have a picture of him on my cell phone but can't figure out how to put it online but I do have pictures and viedo of the funeral.

1 comment:

Cherrie said...

I am so sorry! I still remember my mom telling about our pet dying while we were on vacation. I was four and Grandpa Powers accidently ran her over.