Thursday, April 30, 2009

From the mouths of Children

Today, I took Conner and Nolan to the Park. I started Watching Nolan a couple months back. His Mom decided to go back to work part time and because he got along with Jake, She decided to bring him to me. He is 3 and just a amazing little boy. I am telling you one of these days when he gets older he is going to be a major name in Sports. His main sport that he is really good at is football. He lines his hands up on the ball and can throw over my fence and even catch a ball half way across the yard. He is amazing. He can also hit a baseball across a big baseball field. His mom says they never taught him and that his dad prayed for his son to have this ablitly. Well God listened. Nolan does not like to be refered to as " Little" He has a older brother and Sister and Little to him is a major negative word. So I always have to watch my self. He is even Potty trained and a very independent "Big " boy but still loves to cuddle.. So back to the park story.. They ran around and had a good time, hit it off with a little boy right away. We played for about 45 minutes until it started to get warm. So I decided to take them to Micheals with me so I could get stuff so we could make mother's day presents.

So.. we walk around the store, I brought a stroller in for Conner but he decided to walk and Nolan decided to sit. As we were going through the asile, Conner sees a roll of ribbon that says, For a precious little girl, Conner then says.. Oh, I have this.. Look Mom as he starts to shove it down his short pocket, I couldnt stop laughing, It was the first time my child tried to steal something. I then tried to reason with a 3 year old that we can't just take things from the store and put them in our pocket ... Could you imagine if we all did that.. No one would have to work !!

As we leave the store, we see this bird and I wish I could of gotten a closer picture of it...I tried really hard.. It looked like a catus wren. It was running around the parking lot with a dead limp lizard in it's mouth. It was not eating it.. Just running around.. So Nolan see's it and says.. Oh Decusting *( His word for discusting) and I tried to explain to Nolan that a bird does not Eat Peanut Butter and Jelly like we do and that he is eats bugs and lizards and Nolan then says.. Kelly... Well let's go home and make him a peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich so he won't get sick beacuse that is Decusting..

They were both amazed by it and I got a big laugh out of it and this lady walking in in the parking lot was walking and then looked back a couple times and then she noticed me and said, I am from South Dakota and I have never seen anything like that!.. I then said, I have lived here 38years and I have never seen that. We both laughed. That would of been a awesome picture if I would of gotten closer... Something you don't see everyday lol

2 comments:

Mom said...

Children sure come up with cute and funny things that they say! I wish I could have been there to see this first hand!
Love, Mom

Cherrie said...

What a great day you had with them. I love all birds, that would have been awesome to see!