Saturday, January 10, 2009

Way to go Cardinals, in more ways then one




I personally have never been a football fan. I didnt even know anything about it.. But this year I have gotten into it more and more. It was wonderful tonight to see the Cardinals only 1 game away from going to the superbowl.. That's awesome! My mother in law just loves them and has stuck by them for over 20 years since they have been in Arizona. She is no fair weather fan. I am hoping that they go on at least to the superbowl for her sake but then again I hope they go on because it would be wonderful to not even be in the superbowl but to win the superbowl as well. So I am keeping my fingers crossed xxxxxx.... Even though I have never watched football before I know who Kurt Warner is and I was amazed when he was with the St. Louis Rams and it was wonderful to watch him show his love for Jesus Christ on the field. In the limelight when being a christian Is not the popular thing to do .. He stands up for Christ and I admire him for that.. He is a awesome Quarterback but a Stand out Christian. I came across this article in the Arizona republic about him today. Here are some of the highlights about on it

If you ever really want to do a story about who I am, God's got to be at the center of it. Every time I hear a piece or read a story that doesn't have that, they're missing the whole lesson of who I am." - Kurt Warner

How does Warner express his faith? He always has the Bible in his hand when he does postgame interviews. He joins players in postgame group-prayer sessions on the field. He loves to engage in spiritual discussions with teammates but says he tries not to be in-your-face about it. He wants the words of the Bible to guide his everyday life.

He committed himself to the Bible's message. That's Warner's way, why he has succeeded in football. He studies, commits, believes.

It's all about his faith in God first that has made him the succeed in football. He always thinks of God as number 1 before anything else.

That's what I admire about him.

Go Cardinals!!

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

It was a great game! I like Kurt also. Josh said a prayer before they started playing for a win!

Anonymous said...

I also read that article and thought it was great too he is very faithful! Go Cardinals.