Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Amazing group of girls




Recently my girl scout troop did a Charity project for the Phoenix Rescue Mission. The goal in the beginning was to fill 2 boxes up for PRm but Thanks to the girls hard work and donations we were able to fill up 6 boxes for families in need for the Thanksgiving Season. I have been wanting the girls to get into charity work for awhile but I also wanted them to be understand why they were doing what they were doing. The day that the boxes had to be turned in, turned out to be the same day that the girls were suppose to sing in song fest. There was no way we were going to be able to get the kids out of school and drag them down to phoenix and then back to the song fest so Gail, The lady in Charge of the project came to my house and picked up the boxes well the girls loaded them on her truck. Thank you Gail for helping us out :) The girls made Turkey Centerpieces out of clay pots and foam and we put in each box and box of skittles so it could be put in the center of the pot. I don't have a picture of that, which I should of but I do have pictures and viedo of the girls with the boxes that day.

2 comments:

... said...

Thanks for your post. We appreciate all our volunteers who donate their time and goods. Please pass our thanks along to the troop too!

If you don't mind, I'd like to use the photo of the girls with Gail on our Facebook & Myspace pages. Can you email me at prm@phoenixrescuemission.org to let me know & give me your troop information?

Thank you & God bless,

Debra
E-Commnications
Phoenix Rescue Mission

Cherrie said...

Good job!