Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Fun











Christmas is one of my most favorite times of the year. Besides the fact of Course that it's christ's Birthday. It's a wonderful time to do fun things with the kids. I have always loved watching the kids and their eyes light up when it's Christmas time. I think that Christmas is about Christ's birthday but also about making Memories with the one's you love. Spending time with them and letting them know you love them by the simple things you do. I love doing crafts with the kids and creating. I guess that is maybe why I went into the early childhood field so I could enjoy things through their eyes. When you are having a rough or bad day.. Just like a child and their toothless grin will just melt your heart. Or just listen to their logic about how things work or their ideas on life. It's amazing what you can learn from a child. Take the time to make a difference in the life of a child today. You will b glad you did.. I am blessed because I get to spend time with my niece and nephews everyday. One day I will look back on the memories we made and we can say.. Look at what we did.. Do you remember this :)Since Jake and Hannah won't be here next week, we decided to have a small Christmas party today. We had popcorn, Chocolate covered Pretzels, Ritz Crackers and the kids made their own reindeer cookies out of Nutter butter's, Red M& M's, Frosting, Pretzels and Chocolate Chips. They had a lot of fun making them and eating them. Here are some picturesYummy Reindeer Cookies :-Taylor, Hannah and Jake creating their CookiesAfter the kids ate, We made a craft. We made Lanturns. They were just adorable after they were finished. I found them at Michael's. The orginal price was suppose to be $3.29 but I got them on Sale for $1.68. They loved making them although it's alittle hard for anyone under 7
Jake created Santa, Hannah made Frosty and Taylor made Frosty as well :) They turned outreally cute. It's fun making arts and crafts.
After we made crafts, the kids danced to Christmas Music, I couldnt find my ballons because my aret supply closet is full of Christmas tubs but they had fun dancing :)The kids had lots of fun making the crafts although sometimes it's hard to keep Logan and Conner from getting into everything. I will be glad when they get alittle older and they can make crafts as well Merry Christmas :)Remember the reason for the Season.... It's all about Jesus!!

1 comment:

Cherrie said...

Looks like you had fun!