Monday, December 22, 2008

My girls


Technically there are not all my girls except for the youngest one in the blue striped.. That's Taylor she is actucally mine but the 3 girls with her I consider mine even though they have a different mommy. From 1998 to 2005. I was the girl's nanny. I remember the first time I met them. Lauren was 5 years old, Shannon was 2.5 and Megan was almost 2 months old. Lauren was doing cartwheels around the house, Shannon was playing in the sink until her dad asked if she wanted to go downstairs and watch Peter Pan and Megan of course sleeping.. She did that for most of the day for 2 years..( Megan loved to sleep) Now it's a bit harder for her that she is 10. I joke with her now and tell her that she sleep so much when she was younger that she is all caught up. The girls and me spent so much time together that I feel like my are " My Girls' even though I know that they belong to Joan and Dave.. I have been so blessed in my life to be able to watch them grow. I miss them so much and there is not a day that does not go by that I wonder what they are up too and what they are doing. Megan is now 10, Shannon is 13 and Lauren is 15.7 months ( So eager to drive I am sure). They have alll grown up so fast and have turned into amazing young ladies. I remember having so much fun with them. Summer movie program, Libary summer reading, Kids klub at the mall. Bowling. Park.. Taking them all over creation to their swim lessons and swim class and swim team. I still can't believe how much time passed. I started with them and a year later Taylor was born. Taylor and Megan were only 2 years apart and everywhere I went..Everyone asked.. Are they twins ? Both with their big brown eyes!. I will always hold a special place in my heart for them no matter how much older they get and even if they don't need me anymore. They will always be a part of my life. I miss them daily but thank goodness for School holidays and breaks. We spend time together then. I am sure I will be there when they get married etc. Each one of them has their unqiue abilities, Megan loves archery, Softball and Recorder. Shannon plays on the softball team and plays Piano and Lauren is into softball. They are all very bright students and will do well in life, I am sure of that :)

Just thought I would share how much I love and care about these girls.. Thanks Joan and Dave for loaning me your girls

No comments: