Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Seasons of our lives

As I was reading through the blogs tonight on the right side. I was thinking about the different meanings between some of the posts. My pastor and his wife today have been married 15 years. He did a wonderful post on his beloved wife and what a wonderful blessing from God she is to him. Then I was reading about a man that I had never met named Jim, (Today is the one year anniversary death of Jim's wife Andrea who died of Cancer)The only reason why I know their blog is because I found his new wife's name mentioned in people Magazine. Her name is Ginger Gilbert( Now known as Ginger Ravella) Taylor had her son Greyson in Kindergarden and 1st Grade. A couple months after first grade started we got a letter home from Taylor's school stating that Greyson's dad Troy was killed in Iraq.. How devestating.. I only never knew Ginger personally just knew that her son was in Taylor's Class.. As I read more about her life I came to realize what a amazing women she was and what Faith she had. She was left behind with 5 small children. A 9 year old, 6 year old, 3 year old and 2 twin two year old daughters. I can't imagine losing the love of your life. I would be devestated for sure. I have yet to write a comment on her blog but I am plan on doing so. Two special days for two different families but one with full of sadness and memory and the other one full of love and admiration. As we go through life we all have our up and down days.. The bible does say...For Every season there is a time to be born and a time to die...This is in Eccelasistics.. One of my favorite verses in the bible. Death is something that is so difficult to understand but the most awesome thing is that if you are a christian.. You know who holds the future.... I have always believed that the things we go through in life are so we can learn from it and help others. I am sure that Greyson's Dad's death made a huge impact on those who didnt know Christ as well as Jim's wife Andrea who died of Cancer last year. I am sure that the pastor and his wife are making a huge impact on the marriage of other people because they are setting a example of what a husband and wife should be to each other. Jason and I have been married for 15 years now and I pray everyday for our love that God would bless us and when we are gone. These are the seasons of our life.. Whether it's in death or life, It's the everyday impact that we can look at later and say Wow.. I made a difference.

~~ Happy is the one who knows what to remember of the past, what to enjoy in the present and what to plan for the future~~~ A. Glason~

1 comment:

SRS said...

Wow Kelly, very well said & eloquent